This high-performance, 5U dual-socket tower or rack server delivers reliable performance and optimized efficiency for your business-critical applications.
- Offers flexible scalability features designed to grow with your business needs
- Provides abundant storage capacity to help safeguard data
- Enables easy installation, use and management across long distances
Robust features accommodate growth
An all-in-one tower or rack server, the IBM® System x3500 M4 delivers reliable performance and optimized efficiency. The versatile 5U dual-socket x3500 M4 fits desk-side or in a rack enclosure. Designed for your business-critical applications, including analytics, cloud computing, SAP, and data management, the x3500 M4 meets your growing business or distributed enterprise needs. You can also use it as a retail store controller at a branch office, a distributed file/print server, or an all-in-one server for a remote office or business. Start with the basics and upgrade as your business changes without jeopardizing existing investments. Virtualizing your PC infrastructure into a single powerful server gives you access to secure and abundant storage space, while significantly reducing IT costs.
Triple the storage capacity
The x3500 M4 supports the latest Intel micro-architecture, delivering intelligent performance enhancements that adapt to your workload environment. The x3500 M4 provides triple the storage capacity of the x3500 M3 without the cost of external devices. A flexible design and consolidated server help optimize intensive workloads and provide greater utilization, making the x3500 M4 a great choice for small and medium businesses.
Select configurations of the x3500 M4 are part of the IBM Express Portfolio designed to meet the needs of small and midsized businesses. Easy to manage, Express models vary by country.
A scalable, high-performance, energy-efficient, two-socket server with integrated high-availability functionality for the most demanding business-critical applications.
The x3500 M4 offers:
- 22-nm Intel E5-2600 v2 “Ivy Bridge-EP” processors, which feature Intel’s Tri-Gate transistors. These processors are a shrink of the “Sandy Bridge-EP” processors and include all of the features of “Sandy Bridge-EP” plus improved power consumption. Intel has extended the core count of “Ivy Bridge-EP” to twelve cores for added performance.
- Enhanced virtualization with Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), providing hardware-based mechanisms that help protect against software-based attacks by sectioning off application environments.
- Up to 768 GB (24 DIMMs) of LRDIMMs with ECC, up to 384 GB (18 DIMMs) of DDR3 RDIMMs with ECC, or up to 64 GB of DDR3 UDIMMs with ECC, including new 1.35V low-voltage DIMMs.
- A high level of energy efficiency with energy-efficient “Ivy Bridge-EP” processors, low-voltage DIMMs, an energy smart design, and IBM Active Energy Manager power monitoring and control. The x3500 M4 is ENERGY STAR v2.0 compliant.
- An optional 12 Gb/s controller with hardware-based RAID 0, 1, and 10. Upgrades to RAID 5, 6, 50, and 60 are also available.
- Flexible storage options, with support for up to eight 2.5-inch hot-swap drives or eight 3.5-inch drives in the base configurations. Up to 32 2.5-inch SAS drives, SATA drives, and SSDs can be configured. Intermixing of SAS and SATA drives is allowed.
- An advanced Integrated Management Module (IMM2) that enables remote control to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot servers from any location. It has an integrated video controller, a remote presence/cKVM function, and Super I/O. The IMM2 has a responsive user interface, fast power on, and high remote-presence performance.
- A TPM chip, which is a coprocessor that can hold cryptographic keys that protect information.
- Seven PCI Express 3.0 slots (three x16 and two x8, plus two x4 electrical), plus one PCI Express 2.0 x4 slot and one optional PCI-X slot. Support for PCI Express and PCI-X makes the transition easier for legacy card users.
- An optional IBM Virtual Media Key for additional systems-management capabilities, including:
- Web-based out-of-band control
- Virtual floppy and optical drive support
- Windows “blue screen” error capture
- LDAP and SSL support
- Remote redirection of PCI video, keyboard, and mouse (cKVM)
- A quiet server that delivers exceptional energy efficiency at an economical price point.
- Two internal, two front, and four rear USB ports. The internal ports can be used for virtualization or security/authentication needs.
- A choice of two hot-swap and redundant 80-plus platinum (94%) power supplies and a smart, redundant cooling design that delivers exceptional energy efficiency.
- Two Slimline media bays for an optical drive and a choice of internal tape drives.
- Enhanced Predictive Failure Analysis, which helps decrease planned and unplanned server downtime for improved reliability and maximum utilization.
- Light-Path Diagnostics, which helps speed up diagnosis of failures by providing a lighted path to problem components, minimizing maintenance expense and downtime.
- IBM ToolsCenter, which provides a single website for creating bootable media (CD, DVD, or USB), with updates customized for customers’ systems.
- Integrated quad-port Gigabit Ethernet with the option of two 10 Gb Ethernet ports via a mezzanine card.
- IBM Systems Director at no additional cost, which delivers a single interface for managing both physical and virtual resources.
- A three-year, Next Business Day warranty.
ServerProven Compatibility for the x3500 M4 (7383):